This recipe is so easy and so delicious. It’s a great way to use the wonderful abundance of berries available year round and in the summertime!
Easy Summer Berry Cobbler
This recipe is so easy and so delicious. It's a great way to use the wonderful abundance of berries available in the summertime! Visit your local farmers market and enjoy this juicy and delicious dessert!
- 1 stick melted butter (do not substitute)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 4-6 cups of fresh berries or fruit of your choice
- Pour melted butter into 13 x 9 pan (glass pan is best) and spread out evenly.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon and milk together and pour into pan directly over the butter. Do not mix.
- Now, add the berries or fruit of your choice into pan and spread them out to cover. If using fresh berries, toss them in a little flour and sugar first, then add to pan.
- Top with a sprinkling of brown sugar to cover.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes in a conventional oven or 30 minutes in a convection oven or until golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream, whipped cream or both!
Crooked Oak Mountain Inn http://www.crookedoakmountaininn.com/