Luscious blackberries and sweet corn are in season now and this recipe is great for a light summer dish!. It stands alone beautifully, but would also be delicious with some grilled shrimp or salmon on top for a quick and easy entree!
Blackberry & Roasted Corn Salad
This recipe makes a delicious side salad or top it with grilled shrimp or salmon and serve it as an entree!
- 4 cobs of corn, roasted & cut off cob
- 1/2 lb. hericot verts (French green beans), partially steamed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint of blackberries
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T. balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese (optional)
- Shuck the fresh corn and put in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and put corn on cookie sheet lined with foil. Drizzle olive oil and salt & pepper on corn and roast in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Cool completely and cut corn off cob. Set aside.
- Clean hericot verts and steam for 5 minutes until partially cooked, but still a little crunchy. Immediately put beans in an ice bath for 5 minutes to stop cooking . Drain water and cut beans into bite-size pieces.
- Place the corn, beans, blackberries, pine nuts and basil in a serving bowl. Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar of your choice and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste and more olive oil and vinegar if needed.
- Top with feta cheese or goat cheese if desired
Crooked Oak Mountain Inn http://www.crookedoakmountaininn.com/